Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
Port Location :
Latitude : 18 56'43" North and Longitude - 72 56'24" East along the eastern shore of Mumbai harbour of Elephanta Island
Mean sea level is 2.51 m above Chart Datum
Mean Spring Tidal Range in the harbour is 3.7 m
Port handles vessels having draught upto14.00 m by using tide.
Common Harbour channel for JNPT and Mumbai Port, up to No. 4 berth of JawaharDweep Terminal.
Designed Channel depth is 13.1 meter in JNP channel & 14.2 meters in outer harbour channel. (Below Chart Datum)
Channel width 370 meters at straight reach, 460 meters at the berths.
Depth at berth: 16.5 meters (Below Chart Datum)
Anchorage of 600 meters diameter
2322 meter of quay length for Container Berth.
445 meters of quay length of Feeder Container / Cement / Project Cargo Ships.
Twin Berth Liquid Cargo Jetty, Total length 390 m with additional Mooring Dolphins.
Container Terminal Facilities
Quay Length (Mtrs)
Capacity (In Million TEUs)
Reefer Plugs (Nos)
Backup Area - In Hectares (Container Yard)
Railway Siding Tracks for ICD
Liquid Cargo Terminal
1. A twin berth liquid cargo terminal has been developed by M/s Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and IOC Limited on BOT basis for handling all grades of liquid cargo.
2. A continuous piled 300 metres long and 40.5 metres wide jetty with the facility to berth ships on both sides.
3. Capacity 6.5 million tonnes per annum.
4. Capacity to accommodate a vessel of up to 1,20,000 tonnes displacement at outer berth and 45,000 tonnes displacement at inner berth.
5. The dredged depth at the outer berth is 16.5 metres and at the inner berth 12.50 metres.
6. Six arms each with capacity of 1500 kltr.per hr. and two arms each of 3000 kltr / hr.
7. Fixed fire-fighting system as per OISD 156 norms and marine leg equipped with emergency release coupling.
© 2014 JNPT. All rights reserved