Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
Dock Entry procedure as per approved Port Facility Security Plan (PFSP)
The pass section under CISF control is authorised to issue passes as per recommendation of various officer of the port.
A) ISSUE OF LONG TERM PORT ENTRY PASS
Specific colour coded long term passes with photographs are issued by JNPT in line with the latest circular in force as follows:-
Blue [J] Contractors and contract labour/ BPCL.
Orange [S] Port Users, Shipping Agents, Customs House Agents, Ship Chandlers, Ship repairers.
Red [R] Employees of Railways/Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous Bodies/PSUs.
White [N] NSICT/ GTI.
Yellow [T] Temporary pass for JNPT Staff.
Red photographs with light green/Pista background At the level of Managers of JNPT and above (issued by CM(A)&S).
Blue photographs with pink background Other officers of JNPT (issued by CM(A)&S)
Gray photographs with yellow background Administrative staff of JNPT (issued by CM(A)&S).
Green photographs with white background Operation staff of JNPT (issued by CM(A)&S).
The procedure for issuance of these passes is as follows:
1. Presently all regular personnel have long term photo passes issued by JNPT
2. The validity of Permanent Passes would be for a period of at least one year.
3. Initial issue of long term passes would be for 3 months and then extendable thrice only.
4. The police verification of character and antecedents certificate is mandatory for the casual labourers and other such categories of personnel who want entry into the port and apply for issue of port entry pass for a period of four months and above.
5. Until long term photo passes are issued; temporary photo passes will be issued by CISF on adequate supporting recommendations. Recommendations for Port Entry Passes in respect of Shipping Agents, Ship Chandlers, Ship Repairers should be given by the registered Shipping Agents. Recommendations for Port Entry Passes in respect of Contractors employed by various Port's Departments/Sections should be given by the authorized Officers of the respective departments/sections.
6. Pass issuing Authority will accept the letter of Authorization from Individual Agents who have declared their list of Employees for whom the pass is sought.
B) PASSES FOR GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES, SEMI GOVT. EMPLOYEES, PSUs, PORT USERS, CHAs, SHIP CHANDLERS, REPAIRERS, CONTRACTORS, RAILWAY STAFF, DRIVERS ETC.
1) Employees of Govt. and Semi Govt., PSUs, Port Users, CHAs, Ship Chandlers, Repairers, Contractors, Port Users. Railway staff, light vehicle drivers, heavy vehicle drivers and others who need to enter the port frequently should have long term photo passes (above 7 days and upto one year).
2) These employees should submit an application to JNPT CISF in prescribed form in triplicate, through their employer, one having a photo pasted on it and two photos attached. The applicants will fill Part A of the application. The employers will fill Part B and attest the pasted photo of the applicant.
3) Self employers also will fill Part B. They are required to enclose a copy of the license issued by the Jawahar Customs House. The declaration in Part 'B' may however be signed by an authorised representative of Bombay Customs House Agents' Association.
4) The authorised officer of JNPT will fill Part C.
5) The applicant/employer will submit the application to concerned police authorities for verification of character and antecedents in Part D of the form or in a separate memo signed by the competent police authorities.
6) On receipt of the application complete in all respects, JNPT CISF will issue a photo pass valid upto 3 to 12 months.
7) In case a person is already in possession of a valid photo pass issued after police verification, the photo pass can be extended by JNPT CISF on the same police verification for next year also.
8) Persons in the service of a Government, Semi Govt. or Autonomous Body or PSUs ,JNPT employees and BOT Terminal Operators working within JNPT are exempted from police verification provided they produce original valid identity cards issued by their employing organisations. They should submit a photo copy of the identity card for records.
9) In respect of other categories, Police verification is mandatory if they do not hold valid passport.
10) Similarly, persons possessing valid long term dock entry permits issued by Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust will be issued photo passes temporarily for a period of six months. The passes can be extended only on production of police verification certificate afresh or that received for obtaining the dock entry permits at Jawaharlal Nehru Port.
11) The driver of a heavy duty commercial vehicle should in addition to long term photo pass issued by JNPT and driving license, submit Form No.13 in triplicate recording the serial number of the long term photo pass and the number of the heavy duty commercial vehicle to JNPT CISF Gate-in-Charge at the time of entry to the port.
C) ISSUE OF SHORT TERM PORT ENTRY PASSES
Short term passes for one day or 2 to 7 days are also issued by the CISF based on the recommendation of authorized JNPT Officers, whose specimen signatures are held in a register with CISF. The passes are issued as per the latest circular in force. Colour coded location specific short term passes to visitors are currently issued as follows:-
1) Green [V] Admn.Bldg., POC, Workshop, Auto-Garage, Stores, office near Central Gate Complex
2) Red [V] Port area, other than above.
3) Blue [V] NSICT/ GTI/ BPCL area.
Note: The colour code are changed every one to two years for security reasons.
The procedure for issuance of these passes is as follows:
1) All persons including drivers of light duty vehicles desiring entry to the port for short duration (upto 7 days) shall be issued photo passes. These passes can be extended for maximum three times only and if further extension is required then the application for long term issue of pass should be made in time.
2) The application for photo passes is made to the JNPT CISF in the form for one day or for 2 to 7 days through the present employer and JNPT. The applicant will fill part A. The employer will fill part B and attest the photos. An authorised officer of JNPT will fill part C.
3) The self employed apply directly to JNPT CISF through JNPT after filling Part A and B. If the application is made in advance in triplicate, each having a photo pasted on it, CISF will return two copies of the application with authorization to the applicant who can use it as a photo pass after getting endorsement from CISF Shift i/c at gate.
4) Submission of a photo with the application will not be necessary for those who are in possession of a photo identity cards issued by a Govt., Semi Govt., Autonomous Body or PSU or driving licence, passport etc. to get computerised job pass for short period.
D) VISITOR'S PASS
1) The application for a visitor's pass is made to the JNPT CISF by the visitors through their employers and JNPT in the form. These passes shall be valid from 7 AM to 7 PM.
2) The application should be in triplicate having a photo pasted on each. CISF will return two copies of the application with authorisation to the applicant who can use it as a photo pass after getting endorsement from CISF Shift i/c at gate.
3) One copy of the application with a photo attested by the employer and recommended by an authorised officer of JNPT will suffice for issue of a computerised photo pass.
4) Submission of a photo with the application will not be necessary for those who are in possession of photo identity card issued by a Govt., Semi Govt., Autonomous Body or PSU or driving license or pass port etc.
E) PASSES FOR FOREIGNERS
The passes for foreigners shall be issued only when recommended by JNPT HOD and the request shall be accompanied with a copy of valid passport and VISA.
F) PASSES FOR VISITING SHIPS
The passes for visiting the ships shall only be issued if the application has been recommended by agents, terminal, ship's Master and authorised JNPT officer. The same shall also apply for the ladies/families visiting the ships in port.
G) GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
1) Every pass issued by the CISF will be numbered serially for identification and records of passes issued with the identification numbers will be maintained for reference in future when required.
2) If a pass is not required by the authorised person before expiry of its validity, then the pass should be returned to JNPT CISF.
3) The pass holder is responsible for safety and proper use of the pass.
4) The pass holder is required to lodge a complaint in the police station for loss of the pass and also pay a penalty of Rs.100/- to JNPT for renewal of the pass.
5) Penal action will be initiated against any misuse of the pass.
6) All persons holding passes issued by CISF will display their passes on their person throughout the time while they are in the port premises or administration building.
7) CISF is authorised to check passes, driving licenses, belongings and vehicles at any time inside the port area and administration building.
8) Officers holding ranks of Deputy Manager and above are authorised to recommend issue of passes.
9) Each JNPT department will notify the names and signatures of the officers who are authorised to give the recommendations to CISF. In other cases, issue of passes can be recommended only by the officers holding the rank of Manager and above.
10) Asst.Manager (Marketing) and the CPRO are authorized to recommend issue of port entry passes to official guests and school children only.
11) PS to Chairman and PS to Dy.Chairman are authorized to recommend issue of passes for visitors coming to meet Chairman/Dy.Chairman.
12) NSICT, GTIL, BPCL, IOC, CUSTOMS, PHO and other organizations including shipping lines/regular port users working in the port on long term basis will authorise not more than three officers to recommend issue of passes and inform CISF and JNPT their names and specimen signatures.
13) Computer generated short term port entry photo passes will be issued by CISF on production of receipt of payment to JNPT of Rs.5/- per person.
14) Long term port entry passes will be issued by CISF on production of receipt of payment of Rs.30/- per person to JNPT.
15) All official guests of JNPT will be exempted from the payment for passes.
16) All vehicles including vehicles of JNPT employees will be issued long term vehicle entry passes by CISF on production of receipt of payment to JNPT of Rs.30/- per vehicle on submission of an application in prescribed form with a copy of driving license, RC book and insurance certificate.
17) Passes will be issued for entry to JNP, NSICT and GTIL separately. The person or vehicle holding a pass for entry only to JNP cannot enter through NSICT/GTIL Gate. A person or vehicle holding a pass for entry only to NSICT or GTIL cannot enter Bulk/container gate. The same procedure applies to the materials also. Special permission can be granted to use other gates in case of an emergency by CM(O) or CM(A)&S for a limited time only.
18) The residents of JNP township holding multipurpose identity cards will be allowed port entry only to avail launch facility, if applicable.
19) CISF will keep specimen signatures of officers authorised to recommend issue of passes. It is the responsibility of these officers to satisfy themselves with the bonafides of the persons requesting for issue of passes.
20) A copy of the work order for works awarded inside the port area and administration building may be given to CISF to enable them to keep a track on validity of passes and movements of materials. A condition should be incorporated in the work order that the contractor should surrender all the passes issued to their employees on expiry of contract and final bill will be settled on receiving confirmation of CISF in this regard.
21) Permission to issue short term passes will not be entertained if the applicant has taken short term passes continuously for more than 30 days. They have to obtain long term photo pass after following the prescribed procedure.
22) The passes for the persons intending to visit any Pakistani vessel will be issued by CISF on the recommendation of Manager (Vigilance)/Dy.Manager (Vigilance) for a period not exceeding 12 hrs at a time and only during day time (0700 to 1900 hrs) after verifying the purpose of visit and the relevant documents.
23) No place of worship in the operational area shall be permitted to avoid unsuitable actions.
24) The expired passes to be returned at the CISF pass section during office hours.
25) Appropriate port entry passes could be issued 12 hours before their initial validity and is to be collected by the concerned party.
26) Vendors are not permitted to sell any items inside the port with instant effect.
27) The heavy vehicle engaged as export vehicle and not registered with JNPT is also required to submit Form XIII.
28) The person or vehicle holding permission for entry to either NSICT/GTIPL/BPCL or JNPCT shall enter through the gate marked for such terminals only.
29) Haphazard parking of two wheelers or four wheelers are not permitted at the berths.
30) Unauthorized operation of an office in a port cabin in the port area shall not be permitted.
31) The Police immigration shall continue to issue shore leave passes to the seafarers, as per the prevailing situation.
32) Shipping Agents, Ship Chandlers, Ship Repairers, Contractors employed by various departments/Sections, Workshops, Surveyors etc. should submit a list of their Authorized employees to CISF alongwith the period of Contract, if any.
33) No Work Order will be insisted on in respect of those Ship Agents whose names have been advised by the Port to the CISF.
34) Expired passes must be returned to JNPT CISF in time. Non submission of these passes would attract a minor penalty of Rs.5/- per month leviable to the company requesting for the pass.
© 2014 JNPT. All rights reserved