Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Department
HOD : shri. niteen m. Borwankar, chief manager(m&ee)
Port Equipment Maintenance section
- Plan and organize the maintenance activities for RMQCs, RTGCs, RMGCs and tractor-trailers owned by JNPT.
Settlement of insurance claim arising due to the accidents during operations with the Port owned equipment, Port leased equipment or any other reason within the Port area.
- Preparation of tenders for acquiring equipment either on lease/own basis.
- Finalizing of all maintenance-related contracts of the container terminal.
- Installation, implementation and execution of maintenance software.
- Liaison with outside agencies for major repairs of container handling equipment/parts, beyond the scope of in-house repair facilities and periodical calibration of measuring, inspection & testing equipment used at Container Terminal.
- Planning and arranging for first-line maintenance and ensuring breakdowns of equipment are carried out properly with minimum downtime.
- Plan all maintenance requirements for the container handling equipment owned by the port, ensure adherence to plan and inspect the maintenance work done to ensure the quality of the work done and conduct preventive maintenance of equipment
The key point of contact: Mr. Sanjay Sawant, Asst. Manager
Email id for correspondence: : cme[at]jnport[dot]gov[dot]in