Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
JN Port's Achievements
JNPT is the only major port in India to have achieved all the four certifications:
Year - 2016
1. Bagged “India Maritime Award” in June 2016 for best Port of the year (Containerised).
Year - 2015
1. Indira Gandhi Rajbasha Award in 2015 for best implementation of Hindi language for official use.
Year - 2014
1. JN Port has been adjudged as the "Major Port of the Year" by Maritime Gateway Group.
2. JN Port Bags "Container port of the Year" at the MALA Awards 2014:
Jawaharlal Nehru port the No. 1 container port of India bagged the prestigious award for "Container port of the Year" at the Maritime and Logistics Awards 2014 for its impressive performance in container handling. This is yet another laurel for JNPT after winning the Major Port of the Year award at the Gateway Maritime Awards - 2014.
3. Shri N.N. Kumar was also adjudged the "Newsmaker of the Year" for his outstanding contribution to the maritime sector during the year.
4. JN Port bags "Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Puraskar (1st prize)".
JNPT was recently awarded the Ïndira Gandhi Rajbhasha Preskar (1st prize) for the year 2012-13 for the excellent work done in promoting Hindi in the category of Boards / Autonomous Bodies in region‘B’. The award was received by Shri N.N. Kumar, IRS Chairman of JNPT from the Hon’ble President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, in the presence of Shri Rajnath Singh, Hon’ble Minister of Home Affairs and Ms. Neeta Chaudhary, Secretary (O.L.) , Govt. of India.
5. JN Port bags ‘Sea Port of the Year in Containerised Cargo – Northern India’ Award.
JN Port bagged the prestigious CONQUEST Award in the category of ‘Sea Port of the Year in Containerised Cargo for Northern India. The award was constituted by the‘Fair Play Group’, one of the leading publication in the maritime sector.
Year - 2013
1. JNPT bagged MAEKWNOMY Award-2013 for the Best Indian Port (Public Sector).
2. JNPT bagged prestigious Golden Peacock OHSAS Award 2013 of Institute of Directors, New Delhi for its initiatives in the field of occupational health and safety.
3. JNPT received the Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Puraskar for the year 2011-12 for the excellent work done in Hindi in the category of autonomous bodies of‘B’region.
Year - 2012
1. JNPT bagged prestigious corporate social responsibility award from Genentech Foundation for its CSR initiative.
2. JNPT was honoured with the golden peacock environment award 2012 by the institute of Directors, New Delhi.
3. JNPT has won two awards of Maritime and Logistics Award, Mala 2012 in the category of “Container Handling Port of the Year”.
4. JNPT bagged India Gandhi Rajbhasha Puraskar for implementation of Hindi Rajbhasha in official language awarded by Ministry of Home Affair Govt. of India.
5. JNPT has won the performance excellence award 2012 (Gold) for financial and operational performance from the Indian Institute of Industrial Engineering at annual CEOs conference. Shipping, Marine, and Ports 2013 Leadership & Excellence Awards for commitment to safety and quality.
Year - 2011
1. JN Port won Greentech Environment Award 2011 instituted by Greentech Foundation, New Delhi on 20th October 2011.
2. JN Port won Samudramanthan award 2011 for best container handling port of the year on 7th December 2011.
3. JN Port has been awarded the “Rajbhasha Shield” for the best implementation of the official language for the year 2010-11 (1st Prize) by Ministry of Shipping Govt. of India.
4. JN Port has bagged the ‘1st Northern India, Multimodal Logistic Award’ for container handling sea port of the Year (For Northern India Caand Fair play Exposition Group).
Year - 2010
JN Port has been awarded the “Rajbhasha Shield” for the best implementation of the official language for the year 2009-10( 1st Prize) by Ministry of Shipping Govt. of India.
Year - 2009
JN Port has bagged the coveted Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Puraskar (1st prize) for the year 2008-09 at the hands of H.E. the Hon’ble Vice President of India Shri M. Hamid Ansari.
© 2014 JNPT. All rights reserved